Large Naturally Ventilated Lift Lobby
Not only following the existing codal requirements but exceeding them.
"Better Design Practice Increase amenity and safety in circulation spaces by:
providing generous corridor widths and ceiling heights, particularly in lobbies, outside lifts and apartment entry doors
- Providing appropriate levels of lighting, including the use of natural daylight, where possible
- Minimising corridor lengths to give short, clear sightlines
- Aavoiding tight corners
- providing legible signage noting apartment numbers, common areas and general directional finding -providing adequate ventilation.
Support better apartment building layouts by designing buildings with multiple cores which:
- Increase the number of vertical circulation points
- Give more ar ticulation to the facade
- Limiting the number of units off a circulation core on a single level".
Building Design Part03
Tools for improving the design of residential flat
buildings Government of
New South Wales, Australia